Phoenix Indian Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ is hiring for a Nurse (Emergency) for the Emergency Room department. The Nurse will report to the Supervisory Nurse onsite. The nurse will perform professional nursing duties in the care of trauma and emergency patients managing critical patient care in varying medical situations reflecting the knowledge of hospital policy and procedures relating to patient care.
Pay: $79,000 - $100,000 base salary per year
*May Authorize Recruitment Bonus
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
- Assess patients for emergency care and triages based on history, physical assessment.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care for acutely ill and/or critically ill patients.
- Monitor or evaluate medical conditions of patients in collaboration with other health care professionals.
- Plan, evaluate, or modify treatment programs based on information gathered by observing and interviewing patients, or by analyzing patient records.
- Documents nursing interventions, therapeutic measure administered, patient's reactions, patient teaching and understanding.
- Administers therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician to include, but not limited to, medication administration, intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, treatments and maintains those measures taken which are ongoing in nature.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment. Initiates and maintains IV therapy including blood products
- RN Certification
- 2-4 Years of Emergency Room Experience
About Phoenix Indian Medical Center
Our largest health care facility is the Phoenix Indian Medical Center (PIMC), located near downtown Phoenix. This Joint Commission accredited 127-bed hospital employs nearly 1,200 people to provide a comprehensive range of specialty services to both urban and rural tribal members. In addition, PIMC professional staff travels throughout the states in the Phoenix Area region, providing direct services and consultation and guidance to other IHS hospitals and health centers.
Gorgeous desert scenery sets Phoenix apart from other cosmopolitan cities in the United States. In fact, Phoenix has more land designated for parks and preserves than any other major city in the nation. In addition to its natural beauty, it has big-city offerings, too, such as outstanding theater, shopping, dining, museums, and more.
This timeless Southwestern backdrop is the perfect setting for family vacations, weekend adventures or romantic getaways. Enjoy resorts and spas infused with American Indian tradition, golf courses that stay green all year, mountain parks crisscrossed with trails, sports venues worthy of the Super Bowl, and a spectrum of boutiques and fashionable malls few regions in America can match.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ